Tuesday, August 5, 2008

August Meeting....

.... is next Wednesday, August 13. We will be meeting at Thimbles again beginning at 9:30.
We will be continuing work on the Christmas stocking with work on the cuff. If you missed last month's meeting, come join us anyway and start with your cuff. We will definitely plan a day before November to catch people up on any section they may have missed. If you have missed or lost your supply list for this project, drop me an Email and I will get it out to you I will be out of town Thursday - Sunday, so if you need this send me an email asap or it will be Monday before I can reply.
The cuff design I will be doing will include some Mill Hill Antique Glass Beads. If you would like to include some beads in your smocked cuff, you can pick these up at Hobby Lobby or Michael's. If you don't see the exact color you want in the Mill Hill beads, look for small similar sized seed beads (size 11 or smaller are good.)
You should also bring a #9 darner to use when doing your beaded smocking. Judith Adam's recommends this needle for beaded smocking as it has an eye that is large enough to thread with 2 strands of DMC and small enough to fit through the eye of the bead. You may wish to also bring #8 crewel or #7 darner needles for smocking where beads are not used. For thread you may use DMC, silk, floche, even the metallic - whatever you feel will work with your fabric, color scheme and beads (if you are choosing to use these.) I am thinking of trying some silk, if I can get a color to coordinate with my color scheme but may resort to DMC - which does look nice on the dupioni. Oops, I guess I'd best get to work if I want this ready to show you next week.
I hope your summer is going well and that we will see you next week.


Darlene

No comments: